When Are Field Trips – Field trips are available beginning September 13 through November 2, Weekdays 9 am – 3 pm. Reservations are required for school field trips.
This year’s Homeschooling Days are Friday, September 17, 2021 and Tuesday, October 5, 2021. Home schools are encouraged to schedule on these dates.
PLEASE NOTE: We are open to the public Wednesdays – Sundays from 10 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. and therefore, other people may be visiting the farm if your field trip is on one of those days. If your scheduled field trip is for a Monday or Tuesday, admission will be limited to school groups/home schoolers, as applicable.
What’s Included In a Field Trip?
- A short presentation from one of our “Farm Hands”. We can also tailor a curriculum for your group. There are plenty of educational opportunities around the farm – from learning how corn and pumpkins grow to learning about the farm animals.
- All of the activities on the farm (weather permitting) include, but are not limited to – hayride, jumping pillow, putt-putt golf, barnyard jamboree, corn boxes, hay rolls, pedal cars, slides, soybean maze, corn maze and so much more!
- A visit with our animals.
- A visit to our pig races.
Schools are encouraged to have children pack a lunch. We have numerous picnic tables throughout the farm for kids to enjoy lunch.
How much does a field trip cost?
- Field trip only (no pumpkin) $6.00
- Field trip with small pumpkin $8.00
- Field trip with gem stone mining (no pumpkin) $9.00
- Field trip with small pumpkin and gemstone mining $10.00
The teacher for each class is free. Additionally, one chaperone is admitted free for every 10 students! Special needs classes will receive a free chaperone ratio of 1 for every 3 students.
Entire group must be paid for in one transaction, unless otherwise agreed to by Van Buren Acres. Official school checks will be accepted if necessary and should be made out to Van Buren Acres.
For Reservations please Contact Mark VanBuren at 740-404-8656 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Groups of 15 or more will receive a discounted price of $7.00 per person, provided that payment is made in one transaction, unless otherwise agreed upon by management.
Due to COVID 19, we cannot reserve tables in the main barn for long periods of time. Please contact Mark Van Buren to schedule a time in our private event area. Parties will be limited to 3 hour time periods in the special event area (but visitors can continue to visit our main farm area outside of the 3 hour window during normal business hours).
Contact Mark VanBuren at 740-404-8656 or at email@example.com for prices and options.